Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Arrived

God's faithfulness astounds me on a regular basis. It really shouldn't, considering it is in his nature to do so, and he has shown his faithfulness to me time and time again. However, this morning as I woke up in Nicaragua, I was again amazed at how good he is - It was seven years ago that he placed this dream in my heart and to see it happening is amazing.

So, here's the latest:

My apartment is nice but last night it had nothing in it except a bed. Today a kitchen table and some chairs were added. Hopefully a fridge and stove will be here soon.
My bedroom
The living room upstairs

Today I saw my fourth grade classroom for the first time! We had time to look through curriculum, all the supplies in our closet, etc. I am trying to figure out how I want to do the classroom layout and how I want to decorate. This morning we met the principals, director, and other people at the school. I am incredibly impressed with the vision of the school and everything that they do for the students, parents, and teachers.
My fabulous undecorated classroom

Lots of bulletin boards in the back of the room
The view from my desk
The soon-to-be revised classroom library

Much love,
Laura



3 comments:

  1. Gah! So exciting!! It's finally happening! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is doing better!

    Love, Aunt Chris(tine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled for you!!! Saw your mom @ HyVee - she's good.

    Love and Prayers,
    Marylee

    ReplyDelete