Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to School

I landed in Managua last Friday night and immediately thought, "Ahh, I'm home." Those are more or less the same words I thought when I arrived back in Omaha earlier this summer. I think I will always feel like I am coming back home when I am going back and forth between those two places. Omaha contains my family and best friends and is the place I grew up in. Nicaragua contains my ministry and work and so many students that I love. 

It feels good to be home. 

School starts on Monday; Open House is this Friday. Needless to say, there is much to do. My room is getting a paint makeover this year. I bought the paint before I went to Omaha so that the workers could paint it over the summer and I could get right to work decorating when I got back. Of course I didn't buy enough paint. Then today I went into school, and low and behold, still not enough paint. Three trips to the paint store later, I am pretty sure my room will be totally painted when I walk in in the morning. Next comes decorating and putting up bulletin boards and posters like a mad man, lesson plans, and preparing myself for Open House. I feel much better about everything this year with a year of experience behind me. I already know my upcoming students, some of their parents, the ins-and-outs of the school, etc. 

I'll post some pictures this weekend of my room and give a more thorough update then. 

Much love,
Laura 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so what color was the paint....you know, the stuff you didn't have enough of?
    (good story, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was this bright yellow-green color. See upcoming blog post for a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I get a shout out?

    ReplyDelete