Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Inauguration

Today President Daniel Ortega was inaugurated for his third term as president of Nicaragua among protests and celebrations. Iran's Ahmadinejad also dropped in for a visit today to attend the inauguration and meet with the President before he finishes his Latin America tour. More news here: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/10/world/americas/latin-america-ahmadinejad-visit/index.html?hpt=ila_c1

Thankfully, where I live is generally out of the way of the protests and political rallies that go on. On my way home from school tonight there were some protesters on our street that blocked up traffic for a while, but besides that it has been calm on my side of town.

Please pray for stability and peace in Nicaragua!

2 comments:

  1. I was doing a Nicaragua search online and came across your blog. Always nice to see NCA is doing well, I actually graduated from there in 2004. Feels like a life time ago lol. NCA looks so much different these days.
    Anyways, great blog, keep it up. You have some nice pictures, I think I like the one with the baby turtles on the beach best :)
    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you ran across the blog! I love NCA - great school, great place to be a part of!

      Delete