Saturday, August 16, 2014

Week One

Week one is finished!

Do I like being the school librarian as much as I thought I would? Yes, I do. There is something very beautiful about being in a room surrounded by books with twenty eager faces sitting on a carpet in front of you.

I forgot to take a lot of pictures this week, but here are a couple that I snapped.

Second grade wrote speech bubbles based on our read aloud story, David Goes to School.
Even with little school experience and very little English abilities, the preschoolers enjoyed exploring the library and looking through picture books. 
New books are being processed and put up on the shelves. I love recommending new books! 
There was one major library mishap this week: the long picture book shelf fell over. I am not quite sure why this happened, but I think one of the wheels on the bottom was loose. ALL of the books on the shelf fell out. Let's just say that I was really able to work on my alphabetizing skills this week!

On to week #2!


No comments:

Post a Comment