Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tuna Sandwich: A Salute to My Mom

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

This is where I should post one old/extremely awkward picture of us, but as I was looking through all the files on my computer, I just found too many good ones.

Let's start with Suzi's VERY unaccurate portrayal of the family, including her Rapunzel-length hair and Goliath sized height.

Aren't we cute?

Next I would like to salute your baking ability and note that it is greatly missed down here in Nicaragua. Regrettably, I managed to miss that gene completely.


As I look through pictures, I wonder if I inherited my love for video games from your side of the family.
Here we have Gramps showing off his Wii Bowling skills:


And here you and Aunt Connie are chopping fruit like it's going out of style:


So it should be natural that the girls and I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing Mario Kart, right?

I think it is also fair to say that you taught me that stuffed animals have feelings and that they are up to no good when humans aren't looking.


Which is probably why the girls and I take photos like this when no one is looking, and why a three-eyed alien is staring at me as I type this out on my bed:


Thanks for being the best, Mom!
Love you and missing you down here in Nica Land.



P.S. I'm hungry. Can you make me a tuna sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment