Thursday, May 31, 2012

Field Trip

Today was a field trip day, every student's dream come true. We journeyed over to La Prensa, the main newspaper agency in Nicaragua.




We have been studying the printing press, the pony express, newspapers, and the spread of ideas in Social Studies class. A couple of weeks ago we went out to the soccer field and raced messages across the field in a mock pony express (minus the ponies). We decided current modes of transporting and communicating news is a lot more efficient.



Next we wreaked havoc at McDonald's, where we stopped for lunch.



Tomorrow is our last full day of school.
Monday we have a half day where my class will celebrate our accomplishment of reading over 1,000 books as a class. There will pizza, a movie, and of course, books!
Tuesday and Wednesday are also half days... and then we are done!

I am slightly overwhelmed with thoughts this week. My first year in Nicaragua is almost complete and God has done so much. I survived my first year as a teacher. The hardest year is behind me! I am excited for my two friends to come visit me in a week and a half... and then I'll be flying home for a summer visit! Thankful, blessed, excited, a little tired... I see God's goodness all around me.


xooxoxo
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment