Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas is Here, Bringing Good Cheer

Merry Christmas family and friends!

School is out, I have been able to sleep in late (you all know this is one of my favorite things ever), and enjoy watching Christmas movies with my friends. It still hasn't snowed here in Nicaragua, but it is only 82 degrees here today, cloudy, and windy, and I am wearing a hoodie, so I feel pretty Christmasy. The Christmas scented candle right next to me is also helping out a lot.

Instead of working on lessons plans or cleaning up my classroom, I have been home today just doing things around the house, listening to some sermons, and trying to "be still and know" that He is God. It has been a little weird not being home for the Christmas season. My family has many traditions and it has always been a really special time for me to spend with my family, and this is the first time I have ever missed it. But this morning I just felt so blessed to be here in Nicaragua, to be walking out His plan for my life. Last year as I was preparing to come, I knew that it would not always be easy, but I wanted so much to give everything I am and had to please Him. I still want that. Thinking back on the fun week I had with my students - celebrating the birth of Jesus, playing with fake snow and seeing such joy in their faces - I am filled with so much happiness. Here I am and I was able to share the blessings of Christmas with my precious students. I had not intended to share all this today, but it has been swimming around in my head, so there it is.

And now take a peek at what my kids look like after school (at least on Christmas program days):


"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy. Today in the town of David, a savior has been born to you, he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2: 10-11

xoxoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment