Saturday, November 19, 2011

Monster Poetry Bash


As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I LOVE TEACHING POETRY! Thanks to some excellent poetry books and fun forms of poetry, my students caught the poetry bug and filled pages of their writing notebook with their creative writing.





To celebrate their excellent work, we had a Monster Poetry Bash. Students read their work and recited poems as we ate snacks and cheered them on.


I love when my students love something. When they get excited about something they learned. When they really get it. I have to think that God is the same way with us. He must love those moments when we get it.


2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    Please tell "Alec" that I have written out his poem to remember for my own life!

    Aunt Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your students are quite
    marvelous poets, thank you
    for showing us that

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete