Monday, March 2, 2015

Festival

"Miss Eberly, there's a GOAT at school!"
"Please don't scream on the playground! And whatever you do, don't touch that goat!"
"Where's the goat? I haven't seen him all day!"

Weird animals sometimes make an appearance at school. This week it was a pelibuey, a goat/sheep.


His name is Poncho and he was the top raffle prize for our school's festival. Before the big day, he hung out at school and got to bond with the students. How cute.

The Festival is a huge fundraising event that we do every two years. Each teacher is in charge of running a game or activity. There's all kinds of food, a raffle, and bouncy houses. Add in some 90+ degree weather, and the day is sure to be a success.

Here's a little snap shot of my day:

While the students and some teachers ran a 3K or 5K....
...I stayed close to my books, like always. Books sale!

Next I ate a lot of food. How can I pass up the Korean food and THE BAKE SALE? No one needs to know how many brownies I ate. 


I also had a goal to win Emily a candy bar by totally dominating the game of Corn Hole. Mission = success. 
And finally, I got thrown in jail by a 5th grade student. Crime? Being an awesome teacher. Not sure how, but I will get my revenge. 
...
In un-Festival related news, we have officially started moving books into the new library! Many pictures and detailed updates coming soon. Here's your only sneak peak for the day:


1 comment:

  1. Okay, just HOW many brownies did YOU eat?

    Inquiring mimes want to know.

    ReplyDelete