Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fall is ...

Leaves are as colorful as confetti falling to the ground. 

The cool breeze is a refreshing as lemonade and ice cream on a blistering hot day. 

When I touch fall leaves, they are as crunchy as potato chips. 

The leaves fall as quiet as a mouse. 

The snow is as soft as a puffy, over-sized quilt. 

Leaves fall like fluttering birds. 

Leaves drop like parachutes.

I'm as thankful as a turkey that survived Thanksgiving. 

The yellow leaves are as bright as the sun. 

On Thanksgiving, I'm as hungry as a bear. 

The air smells like a brand new perfume. 

On Thanksgiving the pumpkins are like orange basketballs. 

After we learned about similes and comparisons, my students did some fall time brainstorming and wrote some pretty unique writing pieces that had us all wishing we had some snuggly sweaters and hot chocolate.

In a totally unrelated note, I wanted to share this interesting Nica moment I had the other day.


Some friends and I pull up to a gas station to buy some ice. Three members of a mariachi band are serenading a man who is calmly standing in front of the entrance. People are pulling in and out of the gas station, walking to the convenience store to buy things, and no one is fazed (except for us gringos staring from the van).

Happy Thanksgiving Week! I am looking forward to our Thanksgiving program at school, some turkey, and MY SISTER COMING TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment