Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Day I became a Triplet

Meet my class of book characters:


Sometimes we read so much that we morph into our book characters and have to talk and act like them all day. There is no getting around it.


Last Friday was one such day. Focusing on our books, we set our normal school work aside.
Instead, we did book talks and wrote about our characters.

Next we read Martin's Big Words and How I Became I Pirate together. We had been studying MLKJ in class, and so my students especially liked that book.


We ate brownies (ok, this has nothing to do with books, but you can't have a party without brownies)!

 And of course we sat around the room and read, read, and read some more.


Some interesting moments took place...

A battle between the dark and light side broke out:


I became a triplet:


And my favorite germaphobe flying squirrel came to visit and reminded us to use hand sanitizer:


What a great Friday! What's better than reading all day?






No comments:

Post a Comment