Saturday, September 3, 2011

Not for Service, but for God


"We are not built for ourselves, but for God. Not for service for God, but for God."
- Oswald Chambers
 
As I sit here grading papers and working on progress reports, I have been thinking about how God led me here. Ultimately I am not here to do things for Him, but I am here for Him. That's it. My students are His and I have to put them in His hands everyday. When the days are hard and I feel like I can't reach all of my students, I have to remind myself that God has placed me here, He has placed them here, and all of it is for Him. He will get His glory and He will work in my student's hearts and lives. Thank you, God, for being their Teacher.

Yesterday was one of my student's birthday parties. It was fun to see my students outside of school. It was hard not to be the teacher, but besides telling them to wipe their mouth, eat all their food, and not play spit ball wars, I think I did pretty well.



Culture Fact:
Birthday parties can be a HUGE deal here. You can even take out a birthday party loan at the bank...


And finally, here's a sneak peak of next week's Independence Day festivities:



Happy Husker Game Day and Labor Day Weekend,
xoxoxoxo
Laura

3 comments:

  1. your blog is too legit for words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    That is my favorite quote of Oswald Chambers. It says it all doesn't it?

    You are a joy to Him.

    Love,
    Aunt Christine

    ReplyDelete